Purpose and Description
The Block Party Trailer is a ministry provided by the Bell Baptist Association for its member churches. An evangelistic block party is a fun event sponsored by the church to reach the community with the gospel of Jesus Christ. The block party trailer is designed to catch the attention of the residents in a community by appealing to their interests, tastes, and curiosity. The contents of the trailer makes it easy to get out of the building and into the neighborhood.
The evangelistic block parties offer great opportunities for churches to:
· provide a variety of opportunities to share the gospel
· cultivate relationships in the community
· grow your prospect list
· reach out to local festivals and community events
The key to a successful evangelistic block party is to…
BE INTENTIONAL AND RELATIONAL!
- Outreach in apartment complex
- Welcome in new subdivision
- City ministries
- VBS preparation day or parent’s night
- Fairs and festivals
- New church starts
- Other special events
What’s in it? Everything you need to have a successful block party!
Snow Cone Machine
Hot Dog Cooker
Cotton Candy Machine
Portable Sound System
5 & 10 Gallon Igloo
50′ & 100′ Electrical Cords
First Aid Kits
8 – 6′ Tables
24 Folding Chairs
5 Different Games with balls, frisbees, & bean bags
What’s the Cost?
$50 Usage Fee
$100 Deposit Fee (returned after inspection and no damage from use)
At the completion of your event, return the trailer and its contents in operable and clean condition, submit the “Block Party Highlights” form and the completed Check List. (Supplies not provided by BBA.)
Are City Permits Necessary?
Permit requirements will vary according to location. Most municipal areas have permits available for block parties. Call your local municipality for the particulars in your area.
Who Can Use It?
The Block Party Trailer is to be used to assist BBA member churches for the purpose of evangelism. The trailer is available for church-sponsored events. Individuals are not eligible to use the trailer.
How to Reserve
- Call the BBA office to see what dates are available. (Reservations must be made 2 weeks in advance of event)
- Fill out the Application Form online, email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to PO BOX 1447, Belton, TX 76513. Include 1 check for usage fee ($50) and 1 check for deposit ($100). Send a copy of the church’s liability insurance.
- Once the application, payment, and copy of liability insurance are received, confirmation will be made by phone or email.
- Pick up the trailer on the designated day. (Trailer can be reserved for 3 days)
- A trained member will need to supervise the removal of items from the trailer as well as return of items to trailer.
- Return trailer within 24 hours of reservation date.
Guidelines for Use of Block Party Trailer (Important)
- Description: 6’ by 12” trailer, with 2” ball for towing
- Available to BBA churches and ministries
- Call the Associational office to reserve the trailer: 254-939-0761.
- Payment: Usage Fee and Deposit can be paid by check. Provide a copy of insurance of the person pulling trailer.
- Provide a copy of church liability insurance. (Coverage for the trailer and contents are carried by BBA.)
- After the event, complete and return the Check-off Sheet, and the Block Party Highlights Form. After the trailer is returned, inspected and found to be clean and in good condition, the deposit will be returned.
Did You Know?
- Consider these Nationwide Statistics:
- The average trailer is used over 43 times per year.
- Comparable cost to rent all the items in the trailer would be $1,200.
- The average attendance at a Block Party event is 400 people. Median attendance is between 175-275 people.
- The life span of a block party trailer is between 7-10 years with moderate repairs and replacements.
- Statistics of people hearing the gospel annually per trailer- 16,000+
- Statistics of people hearing the gospel during the lifespan of the trailer – 112,000+